This is another one of the skull with the whole thing in the shot, though I'm not sure about this one.
But yeah I realize the rose is in a few, just try to forget that it's in multiple shots and concentrate on each individually

I understand it looks repetitive though.
Yeah, I like that P&S picture as well.. & even though that shot is fine I'd still like to see what it would come out as with the newer camera
As for the dirty dishes.. I like minimalistic photos and thought it would make for a nice picture with the white sink and blue dishes if I added the red rose in there somewhere. Red/blue dishes/rose... I dunno, I like it =) I'll try to tweak it a bit on photoshop, it's un-edited now.
Here are two more P&S photos. Personally I find the 2nd one pretty bland but some people seem to like it.
(yeah I realize I could have toned down on that vignetting in the 2nd as well. I'll know better next time. Original is gone.)
One more thing I'd like to add. Though I do say the point and shoot is crappy (Gotta smack on it and tug the lens to get it to come out then it goes off randomly.), all the pictures I have from it was from 1 day of boredom going out and taking pictures. (these included)
The d40s photos were all taken the first hour I had it.. I haven't had a chance to really go out and take some shots like I have with the other camera. Which is why there really isn't any variety just yet. All in all I've been taking pictures for about a month, and I've only went out and looked for shots once or twice.. Before that I'd never taken a picture in my life (no lie). I've got to say, it's a very fun hobby. I'm enjoying it a lot so far and I'm really looking forward to learning more on the subject. I wish I would have gotten interested long ago. Next time I have some time I'm going to go out and make a day of it and see what comes.
abstruse. This is the original from the p&s.
I know that I have it set as photos are not ok to edit but if anyone wants to edit this shot in a way they feel is better then go ahead. I tried to get it as close to my imagination as possible in the edit but I'd like to see what someone else sees.