New Bag Advice

That's a shame. They are/were a great resource.

I have the urban sling actually and it's done me fairly well thus far..it comes with velcro padded shelf type of units so you can seperate your load with the cushions so nothing is getting damaged. The bag itself is padded well and has enough compartmets for other baggage (sd cards, charger, cords, etc). It's comfortable to wear and doesn't look like a camera bag so it doesn't scream tourist. I carry a both my lenses in the bag as it's all I have currently but pretty much covers what I shoot so far, plus extra space for another lens under the 50mm with the 18-135 hooked to the cam...only costed me $50..the whole top opens up as wide as being completely flapped down open so you can access everything at once or do as I do and only open up the top and I can pull everything in and out easily..pretty snug too ao things aren't bouncing around in there.....

sorry that was a lot lol

I just got the Tamrac expedition 5X the allows enough room to keep my sigma 150-500 mounted on my 60D,room for my canon 70-200,enough room for another body and plenty of pockets for accessories. Even has a place to hold a tripod on the outside front of the bag. It also was $220.00 which really did not surprise me as everything related to photography seems to cost a fortune. One of my kids seen it and thought it might be his new back pack for school. :roll:

Last edited:
I just got the Tamrac expedition 5X the allows enough room to keep my sigma 150-500 mounted on my 60D,room for my canon 70-200,enough room for another body and plenty of pockets for accessories. Even has a place to hold a tripod on the outside front of the bag. It also was $220.00 which really did not surprise me as everything related to photography seems to cost a fortune.

Did it come with a forklift? Lol

Well I thought about the price but is heavy duty material and well padded. I have over four grand in gear so what's another two hundred to protect it.

I just got the Tamrac expedition 5X the allows enough room to keep my sigma 150-500 mounted on my 60D,room for my canon 70-200,enough room for another body and plenty of pockets for accessories. Even has a place to hold a tripod on the outside front of the bag. It also was $220.00 which really did not surprise me as everything related to photography seems to cost a fortune.

The sales guy first showed me one sitting on the floor,the thing stood about knee height or higher, I was like umm I want to carry my camera gear not put a body inside.:mrgreen:

The sales guy first showed me one the floor,the thing stood about knee height I was like I ant to carry my camera gear not put a body inside.:mrgreen:

Lol. I've got a tamrac cyberpack 8 that I love for hauling and storing my gear, but I found for me at least it wasn't really the best solution to shoot out of particularly on a zoo walk.

So I got the zuma pretty much specifically with that purpose in mind.

So yup, I think its safe to say I've pretty much lost it. Lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

I have the urban sling actually and it's done me fairly well thus far..it comes with velcro padded shelf type of units so you can seperate your load with the cushions so nothing is getting damaged. The bag itself is padded well and has enough compartmets for other baggage (sd cards, charger, cords, etc). It's comfortable to wear and doesn't look like a camera bag so it doesn't scream tourist. I carry a both my lenses in the bag as it's all I have currently but pretty much covers what I shoot so far, plus extra space for another lens under the 50mm with the 18-135 hooked to the cam...only costed me $50..the whole top opens up as wide as being completely flapped down open so you can access everything at once or do as I do and only open up the top and I can pull everything in and out easily..pretty snug too ao things aren't bouncing around in there.....

sorry that was a lot lol

pretty much all the points that drew me to it. Like I said, this one will be used only for walking around town and not when I'm lugging most/all my equipment. I'll update when the 250 comes and I can compare the sizes. Taking a look at all the other new suggestions posted now.

I had that Crumpler 5 Million $ bag mentioned earlier, it was outstanding, great padding. Then I got their larger one and don't like it nearly as much. Don't know if it is because it is a newer version or just because it is a different model but the padding just isn't as plush.

do you think you could fit a a FF with a 70-200 mounted in it? I do like the size/shape of that bag, if I thought it might still close, I'd try it out.

Noticeable size difference between the two. The length IS better, but it's just more girth in general, sticks out from my bag awkwardly.

The 150 fits the bill for what I need on my trip and makes a great small bag that will fit my 2 most used lenses.

The 250 does allow me to easily carry the D600, 70-200, 24-70, and 85mm.

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

I had that Crumpler 5 Million $ bag mentioned earlier, it was outstanding, great padding. Then I got their larger one and don't like it nearly as much. Don't know if it is because it is a newer version or just because it is a different model but the padding just isn't as plush.

do you think you could fit a a FF with a 70-200 mounted in it? I do like the size/shape of that bag, if I thought it might still close, I'd try it out.

I don't think it would, I gave it to my brother in law with a D600 and the 2 kit lenses. If I remember correctly it wouldn't fit with the 70-300 attached.

Most reactions

Back