New Bag for New Camera ...

ACrossley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alishacrossleyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I almost done pulling together all of the puzzle pieces guys! I appreciate all of your valuable feedback on my lens questions for the d700. I am ordering everything NOW and also need a new bag for this gear! My last had a large Canon logo, and I could not see keeping it going to Nikon.

What I KNOW:
1. I have decided I want to go from my previous backpack style to a shoulder bag for easier access.

2. I like the Think Tank Bags from online looks ... anyone have experience here? Not sure which to go with on sizing (see gear below).

3. I want something well padded and durable. (How are the Think Tank?)

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH:
1. It is hard to tell from reviews and online images gear combinations (at least my gear combo) compared to what they have displayed. I am listing what will be in the potential bag for most of the time - I need a bag of the appropriate SIZE - rather a little big than too small. I am buying from the web, so it is hard to judge.
- d700
- potential second DSLR
-70-200mm
-105mm
-50mm
-sb800 or 900
-cards/ batteries, etc.

Last gear question for a while ... get ready for new camera questions in a few days! Thanks a ton!

Kata 3n1 30 or 33 is great for me so far and instantly converts from backpack to sling for access and then to bp again.
Hands on with the Kata DPS Series - 3 in 1 Sling Backpacks.#

You may also want to look at Crumplers 7 or 8 million dollar bag.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34-e0iDZSVQ&feature=fvw]YouTube - Crumpler Bags Has A Few New Tricks[/ame]

From everything I've heard and seen, Thinktank bags are fantastic.

...... My last had a large Canon logo, and I could not see keeping it going to Nikon.
Why not? It would be far less likely to be snatched than if it had Nikon on it. :lol::lol::lol:

Any chance you have a decently stocked camera shop nearby? If so, take your gear with you and load 'em to see how they fit your needs. At least then you'll have a reference point for on-line buying. As an aside..... if the local price difference is within 10% of the on-line price, I'll go local.

I've never used a shoulder bag myself. I have issues with my back and the one-sided weight distribution wouldn't work well for me.

Domke F-2 or the F-1X, the latter being larger, if you intend to acquire more gear.

From everything I've heard and seen, Thinktank bags are fantastic.

Thanks Mike -
Can you recommend a specific bag for the listed gear?

kundalini -
:lol: Love it! No, no great local stores ... that is the issue.

Have a friend with the 7 Million - will check it out, too~

What kind of photography do you do? Do you walk around a lot with your gears or are you just looking for something to contain your gears?

I have both shoulder bag and back back. I love the versatility and convenience of the shoulder bag but it really hurts my shoulder, and my back as well. I do quite a lot of walking with my gears. So for occasions where I will be trekking a lot, city or the nature, I carry a backpack with side access. It's not the best solution for easy access, but I feel a lot better and enjoy the session more. It also has a laptop compartment for travel. I use it as water bag compartment as well.

I myself am looking into making a module that will easily fit in both my back pack and shoulder bag so I can swap out my gears between bags more easily. A module will also contain my gears more snuggly so they don't bounce around. Got to get myself a sewing machine first.

Both my bags are Lowepro. I won't say they are the best bags, very conventional design, but do a decent job. I am not kind to my gears, so I worry about durability more than looks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back