New Birds!

Maydaywood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few bird photos from the past few days that I thought were better than usual for my standard. I just started bird photography so any critique on composition and such would be appreciated.Which one is your favorite? Least favorite?
$DSC_0557.jpg$DSC_0534.jpg$DSC_0493.jpg$DSC_0364.jpg$DSC_0288.jpg$DSC_0278.jpg$DSC_0204.jpg$DSC_0160.jpg

nice start, you could setup a natural looking perch near your feeders, then maybe setup a remote shutter on your camera with tripod and manual focused on that perch.

personally I like the more natural non bird feeder shots.

Mathewo makes a very valid point. The best bird images are those that show the bird in its natural surroundings, so setting up a branch from a tree or something like as a potential perch for them, before they visit the feeder, will give you more natural images. I am also one who like to minimize the "man-made" things in an image. Wire and posts and fence rails are probably not too bad, but bird feeders take away from the more natural types of shots. If you haven't seen them, take a look at some of the shots by CoastalConn on this forum and that should give you an idea of what you can work towards.

One other thing - if you are going to post more than 1 or 2 images, then you should probably number them as this makes it a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to them. As well, you will get more "input" if you post only 2 to 3 at a time as it means that someone who is going to give you feed back can do so in a reasonable short period of time -- remember , it take s about 3 to 5 minutes to do a good review and posting 5+ image for a review is asking a lot of time commitment on the part of any reviewer.

Having said all that, I think that the best ones are the first two in the second row as the 'man-made" influence is not objectionable, the birds are in decent focus and you have captured a catch-light in their eyes. HTH.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back