New Building C&C

Cmox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I think I have had my D3000 w/kit lens for three weeks now. I bought myself a tripod I took these 3 shots tonight. Comments are welcome.

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

You have captured some excellent composition in your photos. I would recommend just sharpening your image is a little bit more to really bring out the lovely shots. You can do this by using a shutter release cable and a tripod, or perhaps doing a little bit of sharpening in photoshop.good luck, you've done a great job! ;)

Photogirl, care to expand on how the composition of these images is "excellent"?

Yeah, I don't see anything of substance.

As far as the shots, for what it's worth: White Balance is off, focus focus focus, and composition is lacking.

not trying to bash you but I have an xs with the kit lense and just purchased a tripod as well. i was gonna head downtown sometime this week and take night shots. is this what I can expect from a kit lense?

not trying to bash you but I have an xs with the kit lense and just purchased a tripod as well. i was gonna head downtown sometime this week and take night shots. is this what I can expect from a kit lense?

No. YOU can do a lot with a kit lens. The lens doesn't take the picture, the photographer does. Get your settings right, find interesting subjects, compose your photo well, and you can easily get some fantastic night shots.

No. YOU can do a lot with a kit lens. The lens doesn't take the picture, the photographer does. Get your settings right, find interesting subjects, compose your photo well, and you can easily get some fantastic night shots.

:thumbup: thanks a lot.

You have captured some excellent composition in your photos. I would recommend just sharpening your image is a little bit more to really bring out the lovely shots. You can do this by using a shutter release cable and a tripod, or perhaps doing a little bit of sharpening in photoshop.good luck, you've done a great job! ;)

Photogirl, care to expand on how the composition of these images is "excellent"?
I think she was a spammer, and we'll never get an answer. :grumpy:

Nuh uh, she's posted in other places too. ... Unless those were spam too. :er:

EDIT: Here is her intro post.

Nuh uh, she's posted in other places too. ... Unless those were spam too. :er:

EDIT: Here is her intro post.

Uh-huh. Notice she's posted all over the place, and most of the posts are kinda innocuous, or like this one? What you don't see, is the sig links removed that took you to 2 sites that sold you rather expensive photography tutorials.

Then we have somebody selling their expertise, yet claiming a beginners photos ( no offense OP ) are "excellent" and "great".

So, yeah, she's either here to chat with folk, or she was here on one of the largest photo forums doing a little covert marketing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back