New Camera, little experience. C&C Please

Natef53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Made the move from my point and shoot into the DSLR realm. (EOS XS/1000D)
I've been taking a bunch of shots to get some feeling for each of the modes and their functions.

4589342237_7b1f72a307.jpg

4589962642_1f683f4a8b.jpg

I am leaving in a week for a cruise to the Caribbean so I will be shooting a bunch of highly lit scenes, any tips for those would be greatly appreciated!

Use lower ISO during the daytime, I would pay around with DOF. Watch your shadows, and have fun, I so wish I could go the Caribbean!

And maybe go invest in a circular polariser before you leave - might give you nicer colours and better defined skies. But you should know what a polariser does!
And then you'll stun us with the photos you come home with! I know that. I can tell from the ones you posted. Like Andrea is saying: those are still a bit centred, but that's easily avoided: centre focus, then quick recomposition and you're there.

Thanks for the replys! I am going to do my best to enjoy myself AND be sober enough to capture some great shots to remember the trip.

I just ordered a set of 3 filters. The set contains A UV, CPL, and an FLD filter. Not 100% sure on what the FLD filter is good for but I wanted the CPL and UV and the pack was cheap so I grabbed it.

I did some research on the rule of thirds and quickly saw the difference between my snap shots and the pictures. I will be working on my composition awareness as well as my technical skill this week so hopefully I will have some nice pictures for you when I return!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back