New camera to add recommendation

Professional

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to know your opinion about adding new camera in my collection, will be a main camera for something and a backup camera for something else, so let me know what is your opinion/suggestion or recommendation about it:

1. Getting 1DX, this will be my main camera for sports, and my 1D3 will be the back up, i will let my old 1D2n and 1Ds2 go for 1DX, but this 1DX will be my back up camera for landscapes, i still like and prefer 1Ds3, more megapixel and i don't use high ISO in landscapes.

2. Getting 1D4, one friend told me that there are few boxes available in a local dealer head office, i know this camera is discontinued and i don't want to go with used, so if there is one body available as new it may be a good idea, also this one will be a main body for sports and action birds/wildlife and backup for something else.

3. Even if i get one of 2 above cameras, i want to get a 7D, to replace my old 30D and say 350D too, i can buy it easily because i found one cheap offer for new body from one store in my area, but i don't use those 1.6x bodies long time ago since i got 1D full frame and 1.3x bodies, but that 7D can be a back camera for all above of 1 series, the video is nice as i don't have any video camera yet until i get one of those new 1D bodies above. Also 7D is a good sports camera, i shoot sports mostly in my area more than landscapes or something else, so i focus on gear that are better for sports, i have lenses for sports so i only looking for upgrading in bodies.

I don't want to sell my 1D3 and 1Ds3, both are very nice cameras and very happy with them, but really i need 2 bodies in shooting sports, and only 1D3 giving me the best clarity results over my 1D2n, i hated 1D MarkIIN since i used 1DIII always in sports, so i want another body that is in same quality of 1D3 or much better.

What do you think is the best option of above i should go with?

None really. It may be of benefit to upgrade your 1d3 to a 1d4, but not much. I anm not pro and have not gear like you but with gear like that you should only upgrade if something isn't doing its job well enough.

Seeing how money isn't an deterrent here I'd most definitely go for the 1DX.

So the best thing is to get 1DX and ignore that of 1D4, i will see if i can have much more budget then i will sell my 1D3 too and get 1D4 to compliment 1DX, 1D2n reached its quality limits against newer bodies, i shoot a lot at high ISO above 1000 and my shots of high ISO from 1D2n is not appealing or decent as from my 1D3, and for sure if i get that 1DX soon then i will hate to look at 1D2n results.

Most reactions

Back