New Canon EOS M Specs

What I meant is that if it was truly better then you wouldn't need to explain why it's better.

This makes no logical sense..... Everyone is introduced to a technology in some form... whether it be a friend, TV ad, or a demonstration. If I went back in time and showed someone two strips of nylon cloth; one with tiny plastic loops and another fuzzy textured, laid them out on a table, how would they know it would change many products in the form of velcro? An explanation of the benefits of medication for sickness automatically deem medication not truly better?

Al those points you listed are all well and good, and some photographers probably find them worthwhile, but for me they just seem impractical.

It's kind of like liveview with current DSLRs. Yeah, it's neat and handy, but could I live without it and still do what I do? Of course.

I want to see what's actually through the viewfinder. I want to be able to cleanly frame my shot. I don't want a cluttered Ironman-esque screen displaying what it interprets as what's out there.

The viewfinder LCD and EVF on most (if not all mirrorless cameras) is highly configurable. You can turn everything off if you wish and have a completely un-cluttered view. You can selectively choose what information is presented or not... Unfortunately, most people's idea of using an EVF or LCD for framing is stemmed from the awful experience of doing so on a P&S.... the difference between that and the mirror-less today is like night and day.

Last edited:
To put my nose in the evf I'm currently indifferent. I love ovf. It was one of my primary reasons for warning a dslr in the first place. I believe eventually evf will replace ovf but I'm hopin it doesn't or that canon and Nikon at least keep ovf options out until the tech is truly ready. I have no problem moving up in tech but would rather stay tried and true for as long as its practical. That's just my $0.02. As I said in the other thread I do want one of these new canons. Looks good to me. Throw a dumb view finder on top and I'm ready to rock.

No matter how awesome the screen is, it will never feel the same as just looking through optics.

sovietdoc said:
No matter how awesome the screen is, it will never feel the same as just looking through optics.

That's why I say put a ovf on the hotshoe. It won't be perfect but should still work well.

I think eventually professional dslr's will be mirror-less and will have touch screens. Touch screens will be probably coming out a lot sooner.

But then it would not be a dSLR anymore, but a dSL ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back