jeffashman

Level 40 Squirrel Warrior
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In my neck of the woods Mourning Doves and White Wing Doves are a dime a dozen, and I see them on a daily basis. I noticed one particular dove that has started showing up over the past week, because it was a lighter color and more brown than what I'm used to seeing. Then I noticed a black patch on the nape of the neck. This is a Eurasian Collared Dove, also known as a Ring Necked Dove. They were accidentally introduced to the US in the late 1980s, and probably made their way from the Bahamas, where they originally escaped captivity, or were let loose. Not considered invasive, as their population tends to stabilize, but they do carry a virus can devastate both native dove species and domesticated fowl.

may23202401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

may23202402 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Did he get some seed? A new wild pal🤪...

but they do carry a virus can devastate both native dove species and domesticated fowl.
I hate viruses.

We have one here that affects all the Parrot species and its horrible, i have a cockatoo atm dying from this.

The top part of his beak broke off the other month, back to the bone & the feather loss is getting worse. He's lost a couple of flight feathers on his right wing too, but i wont post pics of them because it's heartbreaking to see.

You can google it if you wish.
Screenshot_20240524-065938_Chrome.jpg

That deer one in America of yours is horrible, our planet earth is very sick🙁.

Did he get some seed? A new wild pal🤪...

I hate viruses.

We have one here that affects all the Parrot species and its horrible, i have a cockatoo atm dying from this.

The top part of his beak broke off the other month, back to the bone & the feather loss is getting worse. He's lost a couple of flight feathers on his right wing too, but i wont post pics of them because it's heartbreaking to see.

You can google it if you wish.
View attachment 275489

That deer one in America of yours is horrible, our planet earth is very sick🙁.
Yes, nice and well fed and seems to be able to handle the starlings and blue jays with ease. It also seems to be accepted by the other doves.

A beauty! The band is very distinctive. He certainly looks healthy and clear eyed. Nice captures of the new kid!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back