What's new

NEW droplet pics *tron*

tron

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
6
Location
Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i saw a post on strobist and decided to try water droplet photography. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

these were taken with my nikon d40, one sb600 off camera, and a 55-200vr lens.


1.
DSC_0449_edit.jpg


2.
DSC_0438_edit.jpg


3.
DSC_0442_edit.jpg


4.
DSC_0448_edit.jpg


5.
DSC_0454_edit_3.jpg
 
spectacular!! I have to say that I really like the "pure" ones with no stray water droplets in the air. I feel they take away a little from "main" droplet. My favorite is #4 - Especially if it were BW though

Is it just my eyes or do you have dust on your sensor?
 
thanks for the compliments :)

and where do you see dust on the sensor Kennedy? I think thats probably just dirt/dust in the water seeing i didnt clean out the pan before i filled it with water. i took a pic of a wall in my house (its white) and i didnt see any blemishes so idk :(
 
nah, I don't think there is dust on your sensor. Cool pics Tron, I like the 3d image. The first one in particualr is great. :)
 
So attached is what I thought was sensor dust. But now that I think about it maybe its just water droplets that are oof?
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_0454_edit_3me edit.webp
    $DSC_0454_edit_3me edit.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 67
Great shots! I've been wanting to do these for a while but didn't think I could get the shutter speed and light needed to pull it off, you proved me wrong!
What was your setup?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom