New EOS 600D owner

DiscoSteve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Quick intro - I've finally got hold the kind of camera I've always wanted since briefly owning a beautiful Minolta SLR in 1992 - inbetween I've toyed with compact 35mm film cameras, my first Kodak Digital Camera in 2002 and progressed upto a Fujifilm S2800 Bridge - but now I'm the proud owner of a Canon EOS 600D with the kit 18-55 IS lens!

My primary subject matter will be the outdoors, landscapes, skyscapes, night shots and I'm interested in:-

- learning how to exert close control over my picture taking using this camera
- what I should be initially looking at in terms of accessories (within my constrained budget) such as lenses/remotes/flash/batterypacks etc
- doing some decent timelapse photography with it - see my previous best effort with a lowly Nikon Coolpix 5900 at
- recording HD video
- how I can use Magic Lantern (or gphoto2 from one of my Raspberry Pi's)

I fell I have a good eye for spotting 'the shots' but feel like a man wearing boxing gloves trying to use a computer when it comes to using my EOS to get the best results!

Any pointers/suggestions/threads to read/tutorials, books etc would be gratefully received!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site.

Welcome, SteveD - I've moved your thread from the Welcome Forum to more of a discussion-based forum, so hopefully you can get some dialog going with your questions. Have fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back