New experience: Avoid SonicCameras.com like the plague

I'm under the impression that most of Amazon's camera equipment comes directly from Adorama.

I'm under the impression that most of Amazon's camera equipment comes directly from Adorama.

If it does, it doesn't come labelled that way. I have only dealt with Amazon customer service if I order from them.

B&H and Adorama are my "go to" stores....

i'd use ritz if i had to. they might not have the best prices or stock but they're a legit company and i would be confident enough that i wouldn't get scammed by them

I normally use B&H but have used Amazon sometimes. I only use Amazon when it says shipping from their warehouse or from a reputable warehouse such as Adorama. I did notice that for camera stuff when you order "ships from Amazon" it sometimes directly links you to Adorama and other times not.

ALWAYS when looking at a new site. Check RESELLER RATINGS, before I even look at what they have I check it. When it has a terrible rating then right away you know it's bad news. If its got a good rating, then go through and read the comments, positive comments, in particular. If they are written all in one day or a bunch by the same user name, then it's probably somebody working for the company bumping up the rating, so BE AWARE,

I ordered a flash (Nikon SB-600) through them, and I received an email saying I need to confirm my order.

So I thought they'd try to sell me crap and.. they did:

After an endless wait, I got a very rude guy that put me on hold 4 times and told me this flash sucks and he has a better one for me: a one time deal that is normally more expensive but he'd make it the same price; the one time deal was a Bower SFD35N ($70 on Amazon); he got mad that I tried to Google it then he told me that the SB-600 will not work my my D200 as it is ... the analog version!, but I could get the digital version for more money :er:; of course, there was only the 'analog' one on their website, the 'digital' version is only in their catalog.
and he got angry I did not want to cancel the order and eventually hanged up...

they are rude and lie... I should have checked their online rating before (I found a site with 300+ reviews where they score 0.5 / 10)

LOL! Man, I would have tried to record his conversation before you called, as thats fraud, and you would have had proof. That would have been SO epic.

Pretty much B&H and Adorma are the only trustworthy online sources. There are a couple others, but you've really gotta just find a store that you trust.

Cameta Camera, KEH, Sigma4Less, various eBay online stores, hell even Amazon. Adorama and B&H have got a nice racket going on, but they by no means corner the market on dependability or value.

Most reactions

Back