New Fashion Photos

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
Firstly, thanks for viewing my photos. It's been an extremely long time since I have displayed any photos on here yet have taken thousands since then...

My favourite types of photography are fashion portraiture and nightclub photography. I would really appreciate some critique on these shots I did a few weeks ago with a friend of mine who is slowly getting more and more modelling work.

Technical info:
D70s w/ 18-70 (all shot as close to 70mm as possible)
2x Bowens 500W lights w/ soft box and umbrella
Shot in an empty bedroom

frankie03.jpg

frankie05.jpg

frankie06.jpg

frankie04.jpg

frankie02.jpg

Many thanks,
Drew

The last one appeals to me.
The pose, the wardrode, the lighting and the color tone conveys the impression that she is not all miss sweet and innocent. Lots of confidence, lots of sexuality but certainly not vulnerable.

Nice photograph.

2 3 and 5

however, is this really fashoin photography? Here definitely the model is the subject, not any fashoin. To me it is more like tame erotic photography (tame not meaning "not well done" but referring to being VERY safe :) )

I like the third one. In the rest the floor is kind disturbing background. I think alex is right is that really a fashion photo??? Only the second one looks like that its some thing to do with the jeans she is wearing.. And the feet are dirty.

I like the second and third, and I have to agree also with alex on are they really fashion? Frankly only these two are suggesting the jeans as the subject.

It's not fashion, the model doesn't seem to know what you want, up against a bare wall, that's a lot of tough barriers. I like #3, nice comp, but it's missing tones in the white, a little more contrast. My opinion, use a prop(a chair or stool)to give the model something to use in a bare situation. More dramatic lighting might give more feeling..........keep shooting.................D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back