New Grandparents and their tresure [C/C]

LizardKing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there!

They both thought I was just only taking pics of the baby and fooling around, so they acted natural and weren't posing at all. Of course this also means they weren't paying attention to me or what was best for the picture... but you can't have it both ways :lol:

$Giuliano-Sesion-001-4.jpg

$Giuliano-Sesion-001-5.jpg

C&C always welcomed and appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day!

Regards,
Martin

The new grandmother will love the second photo forever! And cherish it! I am just sure!
Just window light, I assume? Looks good.

The new grandmother will love the second photo forever! And cherish it! I am just sure!
Just window light, I assume? Looks good.

Thanks! She already does! :)
Yes, just window light about 10AM. Hanged one of those hotel translucid curtains to soften the light, though.

I often think that the natural photos are MUCH better than the posed. You get a much more in the moment image that is often beautiful. I deffinitely say the second would be worthy of printing and giving to the grandmother.

i like them both. the hands vs baby always give a really good idea of scaling. also gives the idea of a purposeful creation of the baby. if were to make it better i'd say have had a less smushed up face on the baby. newborns are pretty smushy and it's very easy to make them look uncomfortable (how often do you see babies/puppies sleeping/resting and think "well that doesn't look comfortable!"). changing this would have probably meant you lifting his head and re-placing it which would really ruin the candid-ness. the other thing i'd say is have that left hand holding both of the feet, it'd make baby look a little more comfortable and you're not really loosing anything since the feet were covered in socks anyways. 2 is great, good lighting, good DOF, nice framing imo. if i were the grandparent i'd be happy with either of these.

I like #2 very much. It's a very sweet photo. Good light.
Thanks, Jaemie! I like it, too. Specially the look in her eyes. Like she's lost deep in her mind or something.

I often think that the natural photos are MUCH better than the posed. You get a much more in the moment image that is often beautiful. I deffinitely say the second would be worthy of printing and giving to the grandmother.
Thanks! I'm not used to have people posing for me, and those I've had didn't look so good 'cause they weren't professionals. So I usually tend to prefer natural photos as well. I was actually thinking about printing it one of these days.

It looks like you all prefer photo #2... Is there something in particular you don't like about the first one? Because sometimes I like it even better than #2. I don't know, there's something about his hands holding the baby that I really like. But maybe it's just because the photo is too personal for me to be objective :lol:

i like them both. the hands vs baby always give a really good idea of scaling. also gives the idea of a purposeful creation of the baby. if were to make it better i'd say have had a less smushed up face on the baby. newborns are pretty smushy and it's very easy to make them look uncomfortable (how often do you see babies/puppies sleeping/resting and think "well that doesn't look comfortable!"). changing this would have probably meant you lifting his head and re-placing it which would really ruin the candid-ness. the other thing i'd say is have that left hand holding both of the feet, it'd make baby look a little more comfortable and you're not really loosing anything since the feet were covered in socks anyways. 2 is great, good lighting, good DOF, nice framing imo. if i were the grandparent i'd be happy with either of these.
Thanks for the critique! I just posted asking what people thought about the first one, and as soon as I finished writing the post I saw this.
Completely understand what you're saying and was worried about the baby's face while taking the picture, but as you said I did't want to ruin the natural look. However I remember looking at him and thinking 'maaan he's comfortable there'... and tried to capture that, but I guess I wasn't successful haha

Most reactions

Back