New Guitar is Finished

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, it's been finished for a while... I just haven't gotten around to taking many photos of it.

Here they are hanging on my wall: (large photo, if you are on 56k please be patient)
guitars_2180.jpg

The Guitar on the left is the one I just finished for someone. It was my first commission job.

If you would like to see more photos of that guitar, here they are.

(56k warning here... there are 8 photos about 300k each)
http://sorberaguitars.com/pics/

I had posted a thread a long time ago in the subscribers' forum about the building of this guitar. so if you are a subscriber you can view that in there.

Hope you enjoy these photos!
Tell me what you think about them!

Thanks in advance!

Chris, I love when you post your guitar pics! I'm still in awe that you build them from scratch...and that you taught yourself how to do it. HOW old are you again? :scratch:

Very cool, Chris....thanks so much for sharing!

Chris, I love when you post your guitar pics! I'm still in awe that you build them from scratch...and that you taught yourself how to do it. HOW old are you again? :scratch:

Very cool, Chris....thanks so much for sharing!
not old enough. :p

Yes, they're beautiful...probably sound great, too.

I was surprised and awed when I first heard about people making their own guitars. My sister's friend also makes electric guitars, and my mom's father used to make acoustic ones.

Thank you for your compliments fmw/gunder!

Yes, they're beautiful...probably sound great, too.

I was surprised and awed when I first heard about people making their own guitars. My sister's friend also makes electric guitars, and my mom's father used to make acoustic ones.
My little brother and I are working on our first acoustic... there isn't much more work we need to do on it before it is done. :thumbup:
We have already done quite a few electrics.

It is a skill that is very hard to master, but we aren't stopping. So look for more of our work in the future! :D

Those are so awesome. I never knew that people could make guitars from scratch like that! So cool; I'd like to try sometime. (ha, like I'd get anywhere.)

haha, thanks y'all. :D

I'm going to be working on them today. Then I'll take more photos. :thumbup:

Absolutely awesome. I know a few guys who make their own. Jim Soloway made me one a while back (www.solowayguitars.com) before he got way big.

I like the body style. I'm interested in the woods. Flamed maple cap, it looks like a flamed maple neck, ebony fingerboard? I can't see the back wood to tell what it is. Can you make them routed out for a pseudo semihollow kind of thing?

I'd like it even better if it wasn't for the EMGs. haha

About how long does it take you to build them? Are the necks bolt-on, thru, or set? As far as fret polishing, leveling, etc, have you done it a lot before?

Once again, awesome. If the natural one had some Lollars or Fralins in it, it'd be the kind of guitar I'd love.

Is there any way you could give me an idea of the price you're offering them for? Or is it more of a private thing for friends?

Those are great looking guitars there Chris. Like cigrainger, I'd love to know what sort of price you'd put on one of them for a customer. Just ordered myself another bunch of stuff from Warmoth to assemble - once it's turned up, I'll post something here.

Out of curiosity, which SD combination did you use in the red one? And is that a set of Grover's I see on top too?

Why isn't there a pickup selector switch on the red one?

I'm not the builder so I'll just take a guess at this one from someone who has serviced and wired guitars and whatnot. He put another knob where the selector switch is on the natural one. It's possible that it's just an extra volume knob, but since there isn't a selector switch, my guess is going to be that it's a pickup selector knob. When there's more than 3 pickup positions (more than the usual Neck, Combined, Bridge), it requires a knob or extra mini-toggles. If you split the coils on the buckers, you could have like 5-7 usable combinations or more via selector knob.

Most reactions

Back