new guy here

vinniemac3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello everyone my name is vinnie. i live in new jersey with my wife and 2 children. i currently only have a nikon p+s but am looking to buy a new camera and am torn between two. i have no photo experience whatsoever but want to learn and maybe even do small events if possible. i hope to learn all i can from the forums and thank you all in advance for putting your knowledge on these pages to help people such as myself.

vinnie

Vinnie,
welcome to photography :)
ask qs, post pics, learn learn learn. Few books I highly recommend are Understanding the Exposure by Brian (forgot the lastmane) and Digital Portrait Photography by Steve Sint.
B/n the two, you should get an idea on what photography is about how to eat this soup :)

thank you for the help emt i will def look into buying them soon, any other good books pls let me know and hi rsteve

Hi.

The book author is Bryan Peterson - great book. I'm reading his "Learning to See Creatively." He as some short lessons on YouTube that are worth looking at.

Charlie

Hi I'm new to the forum too, There is alot of good information on here, happy learning

Welcome, this is a good place to learn... the book understanding exposure is good...in addition check out some other from your local library...

thank you everyone for your input and hello. lol i had ordered both books, understanding the exposure and digital portrait photography and am gonna start reading them today. the journey begins. :sillysmi:

Most reactions

Back