New Guy Looking for C&C

Bserio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tried my hand at a portrait session.

bfc40612.jpg

My C&C-I tried to go a vintage look. I feel that it is a little too yellow and maybe too bright. Also the sunglasses should have been taken off.

She's not in focus for one. Agreed with your processing. Sunglasses don't bother me, since it looks like you're going for casual here. Although the pink and patterned type are distracting. Also the composition is awkward. It's obvious she's sitting on a swing but all you see are these chains and poles sticking out of her. I think if you backed up a bit you could compose a better shot.

Suffering from either being out of focus or motion blur.

Personally, I like the sunglasses.

F/13, and aperture priority? Why? What metering mode did you use? Does the XTi have Spot metering mode.

The sky is blown. The negative space on the right adds nothing but distractions (which is why most close up people pictures work better with vertical framing). A bit of fill light was needed. The subject is not very well separated from the background, and as mentioned focus on the main subject was missed.

All in all it looks like a very common type of snapshot that apparently had very little, if any, thought applied to making it a quality image.

Post the unedited version, if there is one.

Every artist's goal should be to create a composition that is both unified and interesting to look at.

Principles of Good Design: Simplicity, Art Lesson #5

Last edited:
Three strong, distracting vertical lines in the frame really compete with her face. The chain, the light pole, and the swing set support together are just too much. Probably could have made a decent shot by turning the camera to VERTICAL, and framing her with the swing seat's dual chains...and thus eliminating the ugly background. Her head is far too low in the frame, and that bald,white sky looks bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back