New Guy, New Pic. C+C?

pthrift

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New guy here. looking for advice on a picture I took tonight. I know it needs to be cropped down, but I'm not too sure which way to crop it, either leave out more of the sky or the river. obviously the brush on the left side needs to go no matter what.

c+c otherwise on the photo? (please be nice, I realize I'm new, and I'm definitely no pro...shoot I'm just hoping my stuff stays outta the "you are not a photographer" thread...:confused:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24783744@N03/6044615378/

In my humble opinion, overlooking any changes to exposure, and background light, all it needs is a rotate and crop(to follow rule of thirds) so it follows the bridge.

I'd do this to the original size and make it larger(1600 on the long edge)

Su3qW.jpg

I do like it though :) Very nice colors!

You cropped a ton more out than I had envisioned, but the way you did it looks more interesting than the way I had done it. My way kept looking confused: what was picture, the water, the bridge or the sky.

Overlooking changes to exposure/background light? Hmm...now I'm curious to know what you think should be different? Like I said, I'm very new to this (from the standpoint of trying to take a picture that's better than a "snapshot')

Well, it is only my humble opinion :greenpbl: Do what you want with the shot, it's yours! I was just focusing in on the bridge so the shot has a more clear subject.

GqU18.jpg

There isn't much that can be done for colors, all I did was increase the background light a bit, pull up curves so the lighting is a clearer, and increase clarity. Again, I'm just trying to bring out details on the bridge, the background is already spot on.

Basically I love the color. The idea of cropping is also interesting. :)

you dont really need cropping. but if you must, crop the pole out on the left side. you do however need a picture alignment whether you crop or not. i really hate the crop the other member made for you. if you cut out the water you lose the amazing orange glow you captured.

Last edited:
DiskoJoe- I assume by picture alignment you mean level that bridge back out?

you dont really need cropping. but if you must, crop the pole out on the left side. you do however need a picture alignment whether you crop or not. i really hate the crop the other member made for you. if you cut out the water you lose the amazing orange glow you captured.

I agree, the shot would be losing the reflection in the water, but there's a big ol' box ruining the shot! I guess he could always clone it out...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back