New HDR

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
alright well since having Photomatrix I have been playing around trying to get it too look right... here is what I came up with.

This photo was NOT taken by me, but by a friend and he asked me to see what I could do with it (HDR) this is what I was able to do... C&C ALWAYS welcome!

3476410111_22024981b9.jpg

Hm, still some very large halos showing up (around the top of the bridge, for example). The saturation is also pushed to the extreme. I don't know if you were going for an unnatural look, but that is mostly what I'm seeing.

yes sorry i was going for the unreal type of look with it, cuz to me... thats what an HDR is (if that makes sense haha) I do see the halos... no idea how to get rid of them tho... which is the problem

Very cool shot, I like it.

A little more (mixed) coloration in the sky would make it a little more interesting, and the greens along the shore are too unnatural, but otherwise cool shot.

dan

This is a pseudo HDR pic correct?? Where you exposed the images in a PP program and then combined them?

Cool picture....I really like the composition.

For me the only thing I find distracting is the blue sky at the end of the bridge, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the photo.

Overall I like it though. Good job.

ya there are a number of things I dislike. I already told him the composition was great, but the HDR is lacking some. I am hoping to find out where I went wrong... this is only the second one I have ever tried.

I dont like how its blown out on the right side in the sky, I dont like the halo effect, I do however really like the green of the trees and grass lol

yes sorry i was going for the unreal type of look with it, cuz to me... thats what an HDR is (if that makes sense haha) I do see the halos... no idea how to get rid of them tho... which is the problem

Not at all. An HDR can be surreal and ridiculous, but that's one school of thought. The problem with the Nuclear HDR people do, is that they push it WAY too far, introducing color bleeds and artifacts they would otherwise not want in their own "normal" photographs.

Try turning down the contrast so that you aren't getting those nasty halos, and pull the color saturation way down. What you can do, if you can OVERLAY your HDR'd photo, on top of your normal photo, and then mask off the areas in the HDR that don't work, and keep the ones that do work.

wow that masking trick seems like a great idea!!! didnt even think of that! I dont have PS for my laptop tho... I am getting a MAC in a few months for school and got CS4 as a present... I asked for it for a MAC tho haha I will try in GIMP and see what I can do tho. Thanks!!!

Very nice. I like it a lot -- halos and all. I think if you could get that neon green shore a little closer to natural color, you'd have a winner. That's the only thing that spoils it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back