New Here, C&C anyone?

MelloYello

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, ive been wanting to join a photography board for a while and this was the first one that came up on google. :mrgreen:

3819180599_374267207b_o.jpg

3819986834_1fe32bcb3c_o.jpg

3640484238_679bd54109_o.jpg

3639650171_aa2a986028_o.jpg

3557670118_df789e9b78_o.jpg

3557669964_1c5e3b2151_o.jpg

3557669814_17e6c7117f_o.jpg

3547240653_a1bd2e175a_o.jpg

3546582947_479b2b020b_o.png

3547389368_94cbfea92d_o.png

3472906224_72a64bd5a5_o.jpg

/Brad

Welcome to the forum.

I'd recommend posting between 3-5 images and numbering them if you're looking for C&C.

I liked the photo of the STI, I have a soft spot for Subarus and that's the only car in the set I would drive.

As far as the others go. None of them really do anything for me except the last two of the Pontiac. The lighting in that is really cool. (Although I'd crop out the lens flare. I find that distracting.)

the sti and the last landscape one are nice. the others just do anything for me.

though my only gripe about the sti pic is that the car is cut off. :(

Welcome to the forum.

I'd recommend posting between 3-5 images and numbering them if you're looking for C&C.

I liked the photo of the STI, I have a soft spot for Subarus and that's the only car in the set I would drive.

As far as the others go. None of them really do anything for me except the last two of the Pontiac. The lighting in that is really cool. (Although I'd crop out the lens flare. I find that distracting.)
Eh, to each their own. The GTP is my Baby :hugs:

I like the last shot :p

Welcome to the forum. I think you have a great eye for composition. I really like 3, 5, 7, 8, and 11. Keep shooting and have fun.

I am relatively new to digital photography, but enjoy this forum very much.

-Andy

I like the STI the best, although I would like it a little tighter to get rid of the lights shining through the opening on the far left. Most of the others have too much going on in the background for me. I also like the shot of the dodge, but maybe a slightly lower perspective or maybe even wider angle.

Hmm.. I actually like having a 'busy' background. IMO the pictures have more of a 'story' to them in a sense. I'm still a novice with a SLR(only had it for a few months) Though lately my shots havnt been coming out right, not sure what the problem is. Here is an example.
3820033326_694ce37a84_o.jpg

un-edited. It's driving me insane.

You may prefer busy backgrounds. But as far as the general consensus among photographers go, it makes for a poor composition in most cases. Especially when showcasing a particular subject. Like a car.

Objects that pop out, or bright lights appearing in the background will distract the viewer from what's supposed to be the focus of the image.

Let me rephrase that. I think the term "busy" was probably misleading. What I was referring to were distractions like people, signs, and all the stuff inside the pole barn in #8. I know at a car show you can't always get everything out of the way, but maybe try to get less DOF by adjusting your aperture so the distractions blur and your main subject gets all of the attention.

The truck photo you posted, I like the busy background because all of the lines and perspective it brings add to the picture, and i'm sure if you could get it to come out the way you envisioned it you would have an amazing pic.

Last edited:
I may try my hand at adjusting the aperture to dull out the background as well.
Another question, my latest pix have been coming out with a lot of noise. How can I fix that?

On another note I like having an interesting background.. I'm still learning.

others may be able to help more, but adjusting your iso to the lowest possible setting that will still yield acceptable shutter speeds (assuming your hand holding these) will help. opening up your aperture more will also help by letting more light in which will also let you use faster shutter speeds.

the Subie is the beat I actually like it being cut off like that

This one is the story of the whole set...

3819986834_1fe32bcb3c_o.jpg

He buy it in country, import it himself, or spend a pile of cash to go RHD? :D

Most reactions

Back