New here! C&C much appreciated :)

Good to know. I have the T2i & have been wondering about that lens. I love the way your pics look, I think this seals the deal for me, I'm going to have to order that lens!!! Thanks for replying!

Also, I don't think our cameras are "bottom of the barrel" but even if they are, I love my camera! :). (Think T2i & T3i are the same except T3i has the articulating LCD display.)

Well, by "bottom of the barrel" I meant not a pro camera. I love my camera too :) Its pretty much identical to the t2i, my husband bought it for me as a gift. But, if it were up to me I would have had him save a couple hundred bucks and get the t2i. He liked the articulating screen, its a nice feature to have for a few tricky shots, but, I have only used it once or twice. I just wanted a better portrait lens NOW instead of waiting on the much more expensive lenses. So, I went cheap until I can upgrade and i must say I love the lens. Sure, I'm a beginner so I cant see what a pro can see. But, we have to start somewhere and there is a big improvement in my pictures since i switched from my stock lens.

I knew what you meant... Sorry, didn't mean to sound snippy or anything. :)

My husband asked me if I should upgrade to the T3i, then I told him the only difference. I'm not impressed w/ the movable display, I have it on a P&S camera & hardly ever use it. I feel like it's just one more thing to break. Besides, if I'm going to upgrade, I'm going to upgrade, no messing around! LOL!

That's kind of how I am w/ the lens. I would like to get the 1.4, which everyone says is better, but I just bought a Macro lens & can't really afford to spend another $300-$400. I think I'm going to try out the 1.8 & see how I like it. Like I said, I love your photos!

great photos and i love the b/w one the most

I'm new to this forum, as well. :)

For being a fresh photographer, you sure do have an eye for it! :) I too, would like to see the words on the wall, in that first shot. I really like the one ith the bench, as well as the last black/white one. The number 2 has a wonderful expression to it. If the eyes were just a bit more in focus, that would be great!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back