What's new

New here...C&C?

SweetLeaf1189

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Ok, not so new, but I completely forgot about this place. I only pick up a camera from time to time, so I'm not too serious about it, but I would like to get some general critiques :) I hate editing pictures (I'm just not patient enough to experiment with it!) so most of them just have general color balance, resizing, contrast, etc. editing. These were taken at some kind of balloon festival in Baton Rouge - there were also Army Special Ops Skydivers doing demonstrations (which was really neat), and of course trying to recruit people, lol. Anyways, I'm sorry there are so many - I didn't know which ones to post =/ I'll stop rambling now.

1.
IMG_0265web.jpg


2.
IMG_0294web.jpg


3.
IMG_0485moonweb.jpg



4.
IMG_0200web.jpg


5.
IMG_0244web.jpg


6.
IMG_0068web.jpg


7.
IMG_0071editweb.jpg


8.
IMG_0344web.jpg


9. Just trying out some silly effects with Gimp.
IMG_0249editedweb.jpg


10.
IMG_0213web.jpg


I suppose that's all I'll burden you with for now :p
 
Very well done! I especially like 1, 2, 3, and 9. Is that moon genuine, or a composite? There are a couple of issues; the white balance seems rather cold (too blue) in some (1, 5 esp), and in others, the colours are a little over-saturated, and/or too contrasty (esp #4).
 
Very well done! I especially like 1, 2, 3, and 9. Is that moon genuine, or a composite? There are a couple of issues; the white balance seems rather cold (too blue) in some (1, 5 esp), and in others, the colours are a little over-saturated, and/or too contrasty (esp #4).

I know what you mean about them being blue. I might have overdone the editing b/c the skies were kind of grey and really dull before...this can be fixed though. #4 is more of a throw away than anything, I'd just noticed I didn't have many pictures of the people/crowd there, so I threw it in.
Thank you for your advice! :D:D
 
Very well done! I especially like 1, 2, 3, and 9. Is that moon genuine, or a composite? There are a couple of issues; the white balance seems rather cold (too blue) in some (1, 5 esp), and in others, the colours are a little over-saturated, and/or too contrasty (esp #4).

I know what you mean about them being blue. I might have overdone the editing b/c the skies were kind of grey and really dull before...this can be fixed though. #4 is more of a throw away than anything, I'd just noticed I didn't have many pictures of the people/crowd there, so I threw it in.
Thank you for your advice! :D:D
 
Photo 3 is the absolute winner of the series, and easily so. That one's really good. (And since you say you're not into post processing your photos, save some contrast and saturation adjustments, a bit of cropping and downsizing, I would certainly assume the moon was NOT later put into that photo!?!?)
 
nice photos, but I particularly LOVE the colors of #1. Would make an awesome desktop picture :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom