New here, new camera and new to just about everything!

adarklullaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

So I got my first camera for Christmas this year and have been trying to learn how to use it properly. Figured I would put a few pictures to see what people think of them. This is my first SLR camera (Sony Alpha 380). I'm still not quite sure what all the settings are just yet but thankfully I have a few people I know who are experienced and are willing to sit down and show me things.

Anyway -- I went out to the beach this weekend and tried out my new camera. Looking for thoughts on my pictures and input on how to make things better as I learn.

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

4. I would crop out the campers and a little of the foreground as well.

I really like 2 and 3...I like the lower angle of the second one, but that you got more of the sky to the left on the 3rd one. If you could have stepped back a bit, or used a shorter focal lenght maybe you could have gotten both in one shot, that would have been spectacular IMO.

I really like the 1st one, and I'm not even sure why. There is something visually soothing about it to me. Great job over all!

-tim

Oh how I miss NC! I was married to a Marine for 9 years I live in NC for 5 years!! = ) What beach did you take those at?

I am new, but here is my two cents- 4 should be cropped a little.. But I LOVE all of them.

I am glad you decided to share your photos. It is nice to get different opinions from people.

Oh how I miss NC! I was married to a Marine for 9 years I live in NC for 5 years!! = ) What beach did you take those at?

I am new, but here is my two cents- 4 should be cropped a little.. But I LOVE all of them.

Hi there,

Those pictures were taken at Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach in Wilmington. What part of NC are you from? :)

Also thanks to everyone who took a moment to look and comment. I appreciate it.

number 2 is nice.

:D

keep shooting, thats where we learn most :D

you seem to have a good eye. that is way more important than the camera. Welcome, keep shooting.

I have to say great shots for someone just starting out (as I am) I do think you have a great eye! I look forward to seeing more of your shots! What settings did you use?

And Welcome!

I lived on Havelock, NC for 6 years!! Gosh, that ocean is way warmer than our Pacific.

Most reactions

Back