New instrument shot

bikefreax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As some might remember I decided to do a series of black and white musical instrument. My first was the string on my mandolin, then the guitar head with reflections, then a flute. Give me your thoughts and or suggestions on this one of a snare drum. I am torn and not sure if I like it but have ran out of ideas.

Drum.jpg

I think the depth of field is a bit shallow. I'd like to see the top hoop and lugs in focus. The drumsticks I think are a distraction, even though I understand you were trying to go for something interesting. Just my two cents.

I was trying to get the reflection as the main focal point. I will try again tomorrow.

I'm thinking seeing just a wee bit more drum might be cool.
If you can get the sticks a bit bigger to be more of an obvious main subject too

I dont think there is anyway to get the sticks biger. They are what they are and as far as more drum, if I do that then you see the sticks laying on the ground in front of it to make the reflection. I will play some more.

i really like the idea, but i think it just needs a little bit more work. id like to see the end result.

I have no cymbals, in fact I really dont have any instruments except for my mandolin. I have had to borrow all the others in this series.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back