New(ish) beginner photog getting back into the swing!

graecyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.littlelamplight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys! It's been a long time!

I'm Graecyn, a 28 year old very newbie hobby photographer (though hopefully one day professional!) living in Cary, NC. The last time I was most active on this forum was probably around mid to late 2010 when I was working with my first camera - a Canon T1i. I had managed to obtain quite a bit of gear, and then the economy struck and I ended up selling all of it to a beginning photography student (he certainly LOVED the deal he got - it was all perfect for the beginning photographer!).

These days though - I recently bought a new camera (a Nikon D7000) and am looking to invest in a few good lenses once I get this year's tax return (the 50mm Nikkor f/1.4G AF-S will be my first buy - willing to take suggestions for a few more!). I've also started taking the Professional Photography certificate course through NYIP (no idea how reputable it is but I am learning a lot!). Now that I'm financially stable again, I am greatly looking forward to having the time to turn a passionate hobby into a side job and eventually into a full-time commitment.

It's so nice to be back in the swing and I look forward to getting to know everyone! Greatly looking forward to all the things I'll be able to learn from you all!

Welcome! I live in Clinton, NC. About an hour away from Cary.

Thanks you guys!
And that's awesome Carol! :D If we ever have any meetups, that will be fun! I've lived in the area about a year and a half now. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back