New K S2

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After lots of thinking picked up a K S2, my first serious digital camera. Nice size, and appears so far to be more than willing to work with all of my old M42 and K mount stuff.

After lots of thinking picked up a K S2, my first serious digital camera. Nice size, and appears so far to be more than willing to work with all of my old M42 and K mount stuff.
Congrats, send some pics. Looks like a nice DSLR.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Enjoy. pentax make some nice cameras, the s2 looks like one of them

Congrats- I love mine. It's a nice size for travel or just to have handy, especially with a smaller lens mounted. The swivel screen is great for macro shots.

Congrats- I love mine. It's a nice size for travel or just to have handy, especially with a smaller lens mounted. The swivel screen is great for macro shots.

Starting to get used to its features and control positions. Compatible with all my other Pentax stuff too. That comes with lens a bit balky though so it will get replaced when I save up some more $$. You're right about the screen. Altogether a good fit for me.

I continue to be impressed with my K-S2. That 20MP sensor is really special, and I find that I like high ISO shots even better than from my K-3. The noise seems more monochromatic and very film-like, by comparison. Also, the DR is outstanding, and it handles reds very well. It's simply a great still camera and a good deal. I actually hope they put this sensor in the new K-70 instead of the 24MP one.

I too am very satisfied with the camera. Of course, it replaces a Canon A590 so the difference is impressive by any standards. Spent some time familiarizing myself with the new to me controls and features and have only had it out on two shoots for some serious keep stuff. Liked the handling and the results:

IMGP0014 (5)s.jpg

IMGP0622e1s.jpg

IMGP0029e5s.jpg

Nice- coincidentally, I was just looking at some new Triumph bikes at the dealer this afternoon :cool-48:

Nice. I considered the K-S2 when my K30 crashed, but ended up with the K3 II. So far I'm happy with it, except that the learning curve has been steeper then anticipated, and the documentation from the manufacturer is less than adequate.

I'd like a K-3II, but my K-3 seems to be reliable as an anvil. If I had built-in astro tracer, I would definitely use it at least once.

If I currently had the K3 I doubt that I would upgrade to the K3 II. The K1 had just been released when I upgraded, and frankly if I had it to do over, I think I would bypass it in favor of the K1. I loved the old K30 workhorse, did everything I wanted without a lot of hassle. I liken the new one to a battle of wills for control of the image :apologetic:

One day, I'll spring for a K-1.

Most reactions

Back