new lens, few snaps

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got a new 85 1.4 and went for a walk after dark. I'm really happy with it so far. Not a lot of post on these, comments always appreciated. sorry about the larger ones, photobucket resized them, but it's not displaying properly.

1. candid f2
DSC_8244.jpg

2. phone f1.4
DSC_8313.jpg

3. Chinese lanterns f4, 2.8
chinaball_comp.jpg

4. co-worker f1.7
DSC_8191.jpg

5. a friend and fellow shooter f2 (bit shakey, this is just after i got it on my camera, i was pretty excited)
DSC_8251.jpg

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Congratulations on your new lens. An 85mm f1.4 (!) - wow.
I like the colours in the phone box photo and the blurred backgrounds you created by going wide open in most ... only the eye in focus of your co-worker creeps me out a little, it sports all sorts of colours where there should be the white of his eye, only is there no white... :shock:

OP
N

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
thanks for the comments corinna. i agree with you on the shot of my co-worker, but i sort of like it - there were at least 4 different types of ambient lighting hitting his face.. kind of a nice set of colours.
(bump)

OP
N

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Interesting shots. I have an 85mm f1.8 & know it can take a while to get used to the zoom factor!

i actually prefer primes. when i go to focus a zoom, i throw off my focal length.

Most reactions

New Topics