New lens, new shots.

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got a Sigma 70-300 APO Macro Super II. Here's one of my first shots. Not exactly super sharp, but it's so hard to get a sharp shot at 300mm while panning like mad trying to catch a seagull in flight. It was even luck to get it in the frame :p I manually focused this while panning. I decided to do the soft focus in PS since the photo wasn't tack sharp to begin with. Whatcha think?

I love the lens. I'll be out tomorrow shooting all day with it I suspect :p

flight2.jpg

And one more, this one's a bit sharper, thankfully.

goose.jpg

Great shots Matt. 70-300mm is also the range I want to get. My 28-200mm is just a bit too shot on the telephoto side. It's good that you are testing out the lense for me. :wink:

Your first shot is my favorite of the two. The softness works well for this shot and I think sharpening it would lose its style. The glow below the bird also adds a nice effect. You mind if I borrow your lense? I'm make sure to return in 3 years. :D

Thanks Harpper :) This is a great lens. I can't let you borrow it, but I can link you to the website where I bought it for only $177!!! :p

http://www.deltainternational.com/store/Item_SGL70-300SC.htm

It also has a macro switch for close focusing and you can get half lifesize magnification. It's great for photographing butterflies and other skittish things because you can stand 3 feet away and fill the frame.

This lens is highly recommended for that price :)

i was looking for a lens in that range and since im unemployed thta 177 price tag looks pretty good and your pics are nice..... thanks for psoting i was kinda warey getting a cheaper lens... oooh ooh and its 58mm so my close up set will owrk on it ohh ohh

Most reactions

New Topics

Back