new lens on old body

msp1488

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everyone i have a questian i want to use my 18/55 kit lens from a d60 on an old fm10

my questian is , does any one know what the stock aperature will be ? ( since you can not adjust the aperature on the lens )

thank you

Before you venture into that, I suggest you read this compatibility chart:

CLICK HERE

The compatibility chart is your friend, and save that link for future reference. The short answer to your question is no.

As you say, the aperture will not adjust. I think the default setting will be the smallest aperture.

The 18-55 is a DX lens, and will therefore cause severe vignetting with 35mm film.

Last edited:
You might be able to get it to work in manual mode. It will always use the smallest aperture, so keep that in mind. Other modes will meter assuming the largest aperture, so everything turns out badly underexposed.

For obvious reasons, guess-and-check metering doesn't work too well with film, so you might as well just get a similar non-G lens. Should only cost $50 at most.

As others have said it is not a practical combination. It will mount & you can take a picture, but it will always shoot at minimum aperture (varies with zoom setting) and will only be sharp over somewhat less than 1/2 of the image area. In fact, it won't even illuminate the whole of the larger film image.

All G-series Nikkors lack the f/stop ring and aren't practical to use on older bodies. DX lenses don't fill the larger film and FX frame with image. Your kit lens is both a DX lens and a G lens.

fair enough ,thanks agian and sorry for the time lapse , i shot alot of photos but im an idiot im so used to digital i changed lens in day light , and when i developed them i was like .....some thing looks wrong lol . any way ill reshoot the remaining film and see if i can post them , i really like the way the new lens works on the old body but no results to show , ill post when i can :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back