New Lens or New Camera?

russellsnr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, My quandary is this. I own two Cameras, Canon 1DS MK II (FF) and a Canon 600D (1.6 crop)
The 1DS is a heavy camera but I love it,very robust and weather proof one of the best Canon ever made IMO. The 600D again IMO takes some lovely shots and is light to carry but not as robust as the 1DS.
I own the 17-40mm Canon lens but on the 600D it's approx 28mm
I want to reduce the weight of my gear so should I (1) Sell the 1DS and buy maybe a 5d Mk II and work with the 17-40mm as FF or (2) buy a Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 8 mm - 16 mm, Sigma 10-20mm etc etc for the 600D?
Advice welcome
Thanks
Russ

149 Views and one reply if you can call it that, got to be a USA site, BYE BYE!!!!!

Wow, soooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry angry guy. Maybe nobody knows all the answers to all your questions, and instead of spending their day researching things that you could have, they move along to the next thread that won't cost them time and bandwidth.

By the way - "Advice welcome" does NOT mean "ADVICE REQUIRED"

;)

Maybe time for "Russell" to get a grip. News flash stud, the world doesn't revolve around you. My advice, get the 5D and good luck finding a site that will wait on you to post a thread and jump on it. I'm sure you'll find one soon.

Most reactions

Back