New Lens - Sigma 150mm Macro

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All, first macro lens. Got it yesterday and ran out to give it a quick test to make sure things are working as designed. I have a lot to learn here (and the wind didn't help much) but any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

944617319_2UVbG-XL.jpg

944617392_t7GEZ-XL.jpg

944610614_vCYwU-XL.jpg

944622915_FouEw-XL.jpg

944617359_gfmpj-XL.jpg

Nice shots. Id say the quality is better than the nikon equivalent i have. Also, i know you said its was windy, but remember to keep your aperture as small as possible. Image 2 especially, would have been even better than it already is with a slightly bigger DOF.

Very nice shots for a windy day. I will have to keep a close eye on this lens. Thinking about purchasing my macro next week. :sexywink:

Nice shots. Id say the quality is better than the nikon equivalent i have. Also, i know you said its was windy, but remember to keep your aperture as small as possible. Image 2 especially, would have been even better than it already is with a slightly bigger DOF.

I now have 2 Sigma lenses: 50mm f/1.4 and now this 150mm macro.
I love them. The 150mm macro is very highly regarded in just about every forum I've read. I think it's about $150 cheaper than the Nikon 105mm

I had a chance to use the older version of the Micro Nikkor 105mm a couple weeks ago and liked it quite a bit, but I wanted more working distance and I had read some opinions that the new version was not quite as good. [shrug]

I agree on the depth of field needing to be bigger. Something to keep in mind for my next outing.

Thanks!

Very nice shots for a windy day. I will have to keep a close eye on this lens. Thinking about purchasing my macro next week. :sexywink:

See my post above. This lens has a tripod mount that helps - the lens is a bit heavy, but nothing like the 70-200 f/2.8.

$729 at B&H. Arrived a day early and was packed well.
Just a thumbs up to B&H ;)

I actually like the shallow dof on #2 :thumbup:

I have a lense with my camera that is a 135 mm. It says "macro" on it with an arrow. Also, near the end, it has 3 macro settings- 1:5-1:6-1:7. How do I use this feature? Does the camera need to be set a certain way? Thanks.

Congratulations on the Sigma 150--I think it is one of the finest drawing lenses around in the macro realm...the images that lens makes look so beautiful. If I didn't already have their 180/3.5, I would definitely consider the 150mm, which seems to me to be a better lens actually than the Sigma 180. I have been very impressed with the beautiful imaging characteristics of the Sigma 150, so it's nice to see somebody getting into a really wonderful new, modern lens design! have fun with it!

Congratulations on the Sigma 150--I think it is one of the finest drawing lenses around in the macro realm...the images that lens makes look so beautiful. If I didn't already have their 180/3.5, I would definitely consider the 150mm, which seems to me to be a better lens actually than the Sigma 180. I have been very impressed with the beautiful imaging characteristics of the Sigma 150, so it's nice to see somebody getting into a really wonderful new, modern lens design! have fun with it!

After playing with this lens over the weekend, I have realized 4 things:

1. I love macro photography

2. I have a lot to learn.

3. I hate my current tripod

4. I need to spend some cash on lighting

Thanks again for the comments!

There are a wonderful and fantastic pictures of the insects on the flowers I can easily show here.I really like all the things very much here.I like the terms of the colourful photography done by you.

Wow, very nice. I might have to look into this lens I had done a similar shot with my old Nikon D90 and a tamron 70-200 F/2.8 but really wished I had a true Macro. Ill see if I can post it, have not tried to do that yet lol. I will be grabbing a Canon 100 2.8 macro soon though, but this might be great for when a longer focal reach is needed. Nice job and congrats on the new lens, I'm jealous. Oh, I love the first shot. Its my favorite

Hi all and thanks for your comments.

I have to say my favorite is #2, but I'm building a collection ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back