New lens under 500? Any?

rmstudios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dear friends, please recommend good lens under 500$ for landscape (for d7000). Thank you. I am shooting for used one.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Tokina mentioned, and also the Sigma 10-20 f/3.5, are both excellent, and possibly had for $500 used. The Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 is a little softer and a little more distorted, but quite affordable, even new.

not as wide as some... but I just got the new Sigma 17-70 (2.8-4) and its a really neat do (nearly) everything lens. :)

Dear friends, please recommend good lens under 500$ for landscape (for d7000). Thank you. I am shooting for used one.

The 18-105 kit lens that comes with the D7000? ...just an idea.

Thank you guys! I think I like Tokina that was mentioned earlier , i do have Nikkor 35, but I don't like to use it for landscape. Adios.

I've tried the Sigma 10-20mm and own a Tamron 10-24mm and I think the Tamron is best when it comes to landscape. Used versions sell for 325-400 on eBay which is a very good price in my opinion for the quality it gives in return.

I've heard good things about the Tokina 11-16mm but haven't tried it yet. It costs $600+ though.

I've done some light research on the various wide zooms for another poster recently and if I were on a crop body, I'd get the Tamron 10-24.

Most reactions

Back