What's new

new lens?

thebrokeone

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
sugar land, TX
I know there is info on the tamron 18-270 out there. I have read and read reviews and looked at comparisons. I would like to know if this move would be a mistake or not. I bought a 60d kit with 18-135lens for 1299.00 from bestbuy, I can get 250 trade for my 18-135 towards a tamron 18-270 through a local shop, and with the 150 rebate now I would only pay 300 out of pocket. Should I go for the trade I am new to photography but have loved it so far started off with a t1 and exchanged for the 60d. I shoot all around close up flowers lots of arcitecture, and outdoor, and last my son the original reason I got the camera. I don't have the money for high end lenses I figure if anything I could get the cheap canon 50 1.8 for indoor portrait. It just seems like if I love the shots from my 18-135 I would really love them from the 18-270. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
 
Usually, the greater the zoom range, the more compromises have to be made in the design & performance. I probably wouldn't be happy with the quality of images that come from an 18-270mm lens...but my personal standards/expectations may be higher than yours and you might be perfectly happy with a lens like that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom