New Location that I LOVE! (Large Share)

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all! Hope everybody had a great Turkey day! =)

I was asked to do some family portraits for my sister in law, which turned into family pictures for her...her sister in law, hubby, children, their dogs, their parents, their parents siblings and spouses and..well..it was a HUGE group of people.

I didn't even realize how many people she was bringing for pictures until they all started arriving, I about passed out when the fifth car full of people came out plus two dogs.... needless to say, I was a little stressed and caught off guard haha.

But, all went decently well, the weather turned out in our favor, and I was happy to give such a treasured gift to such a sweet family.

I experimented with a new location! Actually..it's sort of an old location, but an area that somehow I never knew existed in it. We went to a local park alongside the river...and as I was setting up for some shots in a clearing of trees, my little eyes spied the cutest little wooded bridge!

Needless to say, I took full advantage of this spot, here are some of the results! Sorry for the large share, these were just my favorites from the day. Thanks for looking =)

P.S. The processing varies on most of these, I have been trying to experiment and step outside of my comfort zone a bit.

Aayriabella-10-L.jpg

Aayriabella-8-L.jpg

Aayriabella-9-L.jpg

Aayriabella-11-L.jpg

Aayriabella-12-M.jpg

Aayriabella-13-L.jpg

Aayriabella-L.jpg

And that's really odd... the pictures actually look sharper on facebutcher...er...*facebook* than they do on here. TPF made them look soft grrr.. Ah well.. I promise they really are in focus. =X

Well, Ashley, when the entire extended family decides to schlepp over to you to get photos taken, I would think you've earned the family seal of approval. Congratulations! Some of us "photographers" get lots of palms, top and backs of heads, etc. as the various family members escape the camera's steely gaze... Oh, and nice photos too. Except that I wish that those trees behind the bridge weren't quite as prominent. Guess you didn't have the necessary chain-saw handy to trim the shrubbery. ;)

And that's really odd... the pictures actually look sharper on facebutcher...er...*facebook* than they do on here. TPF made them look soft grrr.. Ah well.. I promise they really are in focus. =X

Thats been the norm lately too, no clue why?

Thats been the norm lately too, no clue why?

I keep wondering if the new software TPF is using is making images look soft, perhaps by re-compressing ALL images, so that the mobile phone version of TPF loads more quickly, or something very much like that???

The little boy in blue laying down could have done a better face for the photo since it looks like he was squinting. The family photo (group of 4) only 2 were even looking at the camera. Would have been nicer if they were all looking at the camera and his face not hidden by her hair.

I'm going to jump in on this one and I'm surprised no one else mentioned it, since I have seen it mentioned for other photos. The spread eagle pose of the little girl in 2, 3 and 6 is a bit unflattering especially with the big blue X on her pants.

Most reactions

Back