new member - advice and intro

andrewpatrickk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just started getting back into photography but, unfortunately, i have a full class load and no time to take a photography class. This means that i have no way to get feedback, so i would REALLY appreciate comments/ advice / criticism. Thanks a lot!

These shots were taken with my pentax 35mm

portraits:

01010017.jpg

01010018-1.jpg

i dropped the film speed on these two to 200 (on 400 film) to try to make the photos softer. Does this achieve the effect? does it make no difference?

01010004.jpg

this picture was taken with the appropriate film speed (400 @ 400). is there a way to get rid of the cloudiness? Would more light fix the problem?

thanks again

andrew

do all of the photos have bad contrast or just the last one?

& how is this fixed?

pretty hazy bad contrast.. its got to do with your exposure i believe..

Ok, not to be rude but I have noticed that you are not the nicest guy when it comes to C&C. Even if the picture needs some type of work most people give both positive criticism followed by so constructive criticism. Its pretty rough when a new comer gets hit hard on their first post.

To the OP, the pictures are a but hazy but the composition of the pictures are great. Keep up the good work and keep playing with the settings.

there was nothing rude about my comment... OP asked how to fix it, i told him...not to sure where you get the idea that i'm rude when it comes to CC.. i just tell people what they want to know... i didnt fluff it up because they arent very exciting pictures, and i dont think the OP intended for them to be.. he's just trying to get back into photography, and wanted tips.. i gave them to him.. putz.. i cant think of more than 2 or 3 posts where i may have sounded rude...

I just got this sense from previous post but then again computers do not convey emotion. Sorry if I accused you but that is just my personal opinion. Anyways, lets keep on topic and continue with the C&C.

i dont think anyone was being rude, thank you both for advice.

so basically a shorter exposure would fix the haze?

Lighting is your problem here, I think. You had lamp light as your source, or so it seems, which also effects the white balance. Don't know what film you work with but is it designed for tungsten light? If not, your photos will always get a colour cast (yellow).

I suggest you best try to get back into photography by going outside and taking photos there. Take her along, have her pose for you in a park, make her smile ... and yes, contrastwise, all three are too much lacking, though the last looks like it went ALL wrong (to me). It is not soft. It looks underexposed and pushed (in the development process).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back