New Member - Looking for a photographer/advice

Marcus_Andrews

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

Apologies if this post is in the wrong section of the forum.

We are looking for someone to give us guidance and advice on whether our daughter has potential to fulfill her ambition to become a model. This is a lifetime ambition of hers and we want to be fully supportive of her.

However, before going down the road of engaging agencies, incurring significant cost etc, we think it would be worthwhile taking advice from someone with more experience than us of this area.

We are therefore looking to speak to any experienced photographers who are able to give us an honest and objective opinion of whether our daughter has the qualities to succeed as a model.

We can be contacted at [email protected] and would be happy to provide further details/answer questions etc.

Thanks,

Marcus

Watch out for agencies that advertise in local newspapers and hold meetings in local hotels then call you to their studio. Chances are every girl who auditions gets selected and then charged a goodly fee for half a dozen barely average photos which sit on their books for ever. They can be very convincing but it's just salesmanship!

You're too far for me to offer any practical help, though I do have contact with a couple of good female photographers in the London area if no-one else offers.

Last edited:
^^ Yes, and I'm pretty sure anyone who really thinks your daughter stands a chance will not charge you a penny, even to build a portfolio.

She also has to realize that if she is pretty it will not mean that she photographs well. see if you can get a testing (free of course) and see how she looks. She won't have the best poses but just to see how she looks on camera.

I work with models in Chicago and in Louisville around 6 times a year shooting some catalog work. The only expense you should be incurring would be to hire a professional photographer to shoot images for her Comp Card. Then having comp cards printed. That should be it.

Good Luck.

WHo knows? A picture of your daughter would be a good place to start to make an educated assumption.

Most reactions

Back