new member ~ some of my work

kyestar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
since i'm all new and stuff :blushing: ~
comments, critique - anything - are welcome!

060104Hunter01_small.jpg

poppy_stare_small.jpg

harrison_october_series_03_by_kyest.jpg

kyestar said:

This is my favourite in terms of composition and lighting, good use of the rule of thirds and the light is not as 'severe' as in the sunset shot. You are seeing things well and obviously have a good understanding of your camera.

One critique for your development, I know of at least one site that actively discourages the posting of "Flowers, sunsets and pets" :) (can't think of the site because I thought they were mean, miserable *%$holes) .Everybody does them when staring out but try and find other things to photograph, never could get a really good sunset myself anyway. I am new myself and moving from these subjects is hard but worthwhile, hope I don't sound like a misery.
Good shooting; CJB​

skylark said:
One critique for your development, I know of at least one site that actively discourages the posting of "Flowers, sunsets and pets" :) (can't think of the site because I thought they were mean, miserable *%$holes) .Everybody does them when staring out but try and find other things to photograph, never could get a really good sunset myself anyway. I am new myself and moving from these subjects is hard but worthwhile, hope I don't sound like a misery.
Good shooting; CJB

thank you! not a misery at all! i need to hear these things so that i can get better, thank you :hugs:

Funny coincidence but I like the photo best, too, that skylark likes best of the entire series, though I must say they all show that you know what to go for.

I don't mind any flower or sunset or pet shots, myself, not even after all these years, and you need a field on which to learn, so flowers offer themselves, I think. They stay still, give you ample opportunity to frame, wait for differing light situations and whatnot.

Children are much harder to photograph, and pets often enough, too. So good training with them required, as well.

What I wanted to ask you is from where the photo that I like best was taken. "Windy Point" in the ... are they called this? ... Blackwood Mountains springs to mind as a possible vantage point (well, it's the only one I know and have ever been to in the area).

And before I forget: Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I'll be looking forward to seeing photos of places that will trigger good memories :D.

thank you for your comments! :hug:: i find the children particuarly take some work, it's taken me quite some experimenting with my camera to figure out the best ways to capture them! both of those photos i like, the one of Hunter (the boy!) especially - it's really 'him'!

LaFoto said:
What I wanted to ask you is from where the photo that I like best was taken. "Windy Point" in the ... are they called this? ... Blackwood Mountains springs to mind as a possible vantage point (well, it's the only one I know and have ever been to in the area).

that picture was taken up at Waterfall Gully - not at the falls themselves, but on one of the nearby hills. i can check the exact location when i drive past tomorrow if you like...

Welcome to TPF. I'm bace.

Love the second pic in your first post. What an expression you caught there.

The first pic in your second post, the church? I feel like there's too much dead space in that one. I find myself wanting to see more of that building.

The tree pictures are really nice, but again, it seems like there's too much dead space at the bottom of both.

All those beach shots are amazing. The colour, the composition, everything!

Look forward to seeing more. Really awesome stuff there.

Nice photos, think my favs are in the 5th series and theres some good ones in the third. well done :thumbup: welcome to tpf :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back