New member with a question

Norwood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just now starting to get into photography after being with an exgirlfriend who dabbled in it. I'm looking at two DSLR cameras and I'm trying to figure out which one to eventually go with.

First is the Nikon D60 10.2MP DSLR Nikon - 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera - Black - D60

and the second is the Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1 Megapixel Camera
Canon - EOS Digital Rebel XS 10.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black - 2762B003

I've done a bit of research and I'm leaning towards the Nikon but would love to get some advice from some of our more experienced members here.

Thanks, look forward to sharing my photos with you all!

I'm a canon guy but from the two choices I would go with the Nikon camera. After taking a quick look at the specs There is a difference in the ISO so the D60 has a higher ISO so you will probably get better shots at ISO 1600 from the D60 than the XS due to the better sensor. But you should also go to the store and check both cameras to see which one fits you more comfortably. O and if you can buy at B&H :D $490 for the XS at B&H $600 at best buy, you do the math ;D

If you do most of your shooting at ISO 400 and lower go with the D60. If you do more shooting at ISO 800+ go with the XS. Really they are very similar, and either would be fine.

You can see comparisons at dpreview.com and dxomark.com At both sites it appears to me that the Canon slightly outperforms the Nikon at high ISOs, but DxOMark gives the Nikon a higher overall image quality score.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back