new member with some pics

ratedeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys, this is my second post. just wanted to show everyone some of my pictures. im still new to photography, please critique or leave comments, thanks

note- dont want to fill this thread with every single picture i have so heres a few :thumbup:

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

Last edited:
Number 3 is a really interesting picture. The sky and uniformity of the crates with the increasing size of the light pole makes for an arresting picture. Good job.

Well, me being the car fan I am, the Garrett Turbo was by far my favorite :)

Seriously though, all the pictures were good IMO

The night shots are cool... I'm a cheap date for night shots. :)

There is a heck of a lot of wasted space in the top of them though... crop them down to panoramas and it will do a lot for them.

On that one with the space needle, I would have zoomed in on that or cropped out the other stuff. There's just too much dead space in the shot IMO.

In all cases you are competing between some very bright/close lights in those streetlights and the faroff city skylines. That's rough. In some cases it works out interestingly, but it does kind of kill the skyline as the major focus. Moving in and standing where the streetlights are and grabbing the skyline may have worked better... assuming you were more interested in the skyline than the shipping yard or whatever.

The night shots are cool... I'm a cheap date for night shots. :)

There is a heck of a lot of wasted space in the top of them though... crop them down to panoramas and it will do a lot for them.

On that one with the space needle, I would have zoomed in on that or cropped out the other stuff. There's just too much dead space in the shot IMO.

In all cases you are competing between some very bright/close lights in those streetlights and the faroff city skylines. That's rough. In some cases it works out interestingly, but it does kind of kill the skyline as the major focus. Moving in and standing where the streetlights are and grabbing the skyline may have worked better... assuming you were more interested in the skyline than the shipping yard or whatever.

i was limited on what i could of captured since im still using my 18-55mm kit lens. the space needle was pretty far away when i took that picture. when i found that spot all i wanted to really get was skyline. but i thought it would of been cool if i got the ship yard with it too.

i really like the 1st 3rd and 4th pictures.

I disagree. I think that if you intentionally composed the pictures with extra sky it's well done. Panoramas would work well, but I think the odd cropping actually says a lot more. Especially most of those pictures make very large objects the subject, so the large sky draws the viewers attention to the relative tininess of the objects, compared to the planet they rest on.

If of course the framing was an accident, I still like it, but you don't get as many kudos! :D

i really like the sky. i always intend to get the sky in the picture because i like how the lights from the ground can affect the clouds above.

I disagree. I think that if you intentionally composed the pictures with extra sky it's well done. Panoramas would work well, but I think the odd cropping actually says a lot more.

Yes, it says "I don't know how to crop my images properly."

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

I love the Seattle shots. I'm pretty new at photography my self and I haven't had a chance to take any downtown. Great work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back