New Nikkor 24-120 VR!

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Came in the mail just the other day! I went to the recently opened sculpture park for the Seattle Art Museum with a freind. We decided to start shooting an assignment due friday for our photographic design class. The assignment is to use line, shape, texture, and space as elements in a series of photographs. These are the only two that caught my eye when I first imported them in lightroom and even though it's (dissapointingly) a B&W assignment, I love the color! We were shooting from about 4-5pm on an overcast day so there wasn't much light. My freind with his 350D and 18-55 had to shoot on a tripod the whole time while I could just wander about handheld. It's just amazing that with VR it's possible to get crystal clear images down to 1/10th of a second! I don't know what people were talking about how this lens is soft at 24mm wide open, but my copy is reasonably and crisp. It's nowhere near as sharp as my 35-70 f/2.8 stopped down to equivalent apertures, but it's a much more flexible walk-around lens for when I need to pack light.

ISO 200|66mm|1/20th|f/5.3
DSC_0017copy.jpg

ISO 200|120mm|1/30th|f/5.6
DSC_0063copy-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back