New Nikon 24-70 f2.8 from possible issue

Texas Parrothead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just received my new Nikon 24-70 f2.8 from Adoroma yesterday. Loved the service I got from them when ordering and am very excited about this lens. The issue is as soon as i opened my beautiful new golden box and removed the lens I noticed there is a black ring that covers the front element and appears to be affixed by silicon or glue. This ring looks like it is intended to cover several screws that hold the front element on. What I see is this ring is separating from the front of the lens. I attempt to push this ring back down and it does but soon there after slowly seperates from the front of the lens again. Almost as it if the ring is not perfectly flat and has been bent. Anyone familiar with this ring and is this common? I love the lens but have a real issue with paying so much for a pro lens to have this sort of issue. i will see if I can post a picture of it later. Thanks for any and all insight!

It sounds like part of the front has become damaged or suffered a minor manufacturing fault; I would contact Adorama about the issue and request a replacement unit; chances are at worst you'll have to pay postage on your current lens's return (though some shops refund on return postage). Give them a call first.

It sounds like part of the front has become damaged or suffered a minor manufacturing fault; I would contact Adorama about the issue and request a replacement unit; chances are at worst you'll have to pay postage on your current lens's return (though some shops refund on return postage). Give them a call first.

+1. Everytime i've dealt with adorama they have been very accommodating.

Just spoke with Adorama....they e-mailed me a prepaid shipping invoice to mail the defective lens back and are sending out a new lens today. They also gave me a discount on a 77mm UV lens so that was cool. This was my first purchasing experience with Adorama and I must say they have been great from beginning to end. As everyone else would agree I would highly recommend them. Even though my lens was defective they took care of me quickly and made a return customer of me!

Guess what.....They likely still made a profit selling you the UV filter at a discount.

A UV filter that wholesales for $5.99 can be retailed for $49.99...just saying...

I'm going to take a look at mine but I have had mine since the first came out and I have not noticed it.

OP: Glad you're being taken care of.

I bought a 24-70 a month or so ago and no issues. Bought a 70-200 this past week and no issues.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back