New Nikon Pro Camera?!

New equipment doesn't always mean better. I don't see any reason why someone with say an EOS 1DMkII would want to upgrade to the s, n or MkIII model. Just like I don't see any real reason to upgrade a 30D to a 20D.

If Nikon does release something truly revolutionary (doubtable) then maybe, but it probably will just become another 1D competitor rather than a jump ship the Canon boat is sinking release.

I'd be impressed enough that they make an 18mpx sensor which is capable of noise free image at ISO100-200. Remember smaller pixels = less light sensitivity. But I guess that's what technological advancements are for.

I wouldn't say that it is doubtable that Nikon would come out with something revolutionary. It was revolutionary when Nikon brought out the D1 in 1999 for less than 5K. Remember, the Kodak digital at that time was a 1+ MP converted Nikon film body that went for several times that price. When the D1X came out it sent the other guys scrambling again. And the D2X even at only 12MP gave the full frame Canon a heck of a run in image and color quality. That at 5K as opposed to 8K for the FF. Both sides hop scotch and have done so several times in the last 8 years. As a true Nikon snob, I look for it to happen again soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back