What's new

New Orleans cemeteries C&C welcomed

Boutte

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
268
Reaction score
6
Location
BelleChasse La. (About ten miles south of New Orle
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cemeteries in N.O. are some of the most beautiful places in the city.
IMG_4158b-1.jpg


IMG_4138a.jpg


IMG_4147a.jpg


IMG_4219a.jpg
 
A good series of captures. I like your dramatic skies. Number 1 looks a slight bit tilted and number 4 could use a little perspective correction, but these are minor nits. Good shooting. Not sure why you haven't received some feedback.

Craig
 
A good series of captures. I like your dramatic skies. Number 1 looks a slight bit tilted and number 4 could use a little perspective correction, but these are minor nits. Good shooting. Not sure why you haven't received some feedback.

Craig
Thanks.

I thought I corrected the tilt in #1, guess not. I'm not really sure how to correct the kind perspective problems that are going on in that last one.
 
Try this: On the menu bar in PhotoShop select Image > Transform > Perspective, grab one of the corner boxes that will appear and drag to correct distortion. You may need to crop after your correction. Your image can be flattened (combines all layers into one) and corrected in a different direction by repeating the process. Good luck.

Craig
 
hi, I enjoyed looking at your pics. Occasionally I also like to take pics of cemeteries especially the war cemeteries in my area. Like Craig, I, too, like those skies captured in your photos. Thanks for sharing.
 
I like the sky and composition on the 1 (did you used a filter?)
I' m not agree with compostions of the others.
2- i would like to sse more on the front and less on the right
3-you cut the legs
4-tilt is too much for me (straight line would be better perhaps)
 
I like the sky and composition on the 1 (did you used a filter?)
I' m not agree with compostions of the others.
2- i would like to sse more on the front and less on the right
3-you cut the legs
4-tilt is too much for me (straight line would be better perhaps)
No no filters.
 
number two you have to crop out the tree on the top left.
 
Nice shots! I think #1 looks fine. Is that Metairie cemetery?
 
These are some stunning images. As others have said, the skies are very dramatic, especially in the first two.

My favorite is the second shot and its edit also, I love it! The contrast and clarity of this photo is simply amazing!

Your edit of the first image is great also.

Neither view of the third shot does much for me, its the statue mostly that I'm not into.

I like the last shot, but I think whats throwing it off a bit is the tree and telephone pole on the right. My eye keeps going to that open space thats there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom