New Photograpgher

mclar146

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
first of all hello everyone, just signed up today.

well i have only been gotten into photography since Christmas when i was given a canon 500D. i shoot in full manual mode and i am just starting to get used to it.
any how here is my flickr page
Flickr: MClarkePhotos' Photostream

and a couple of pictures, and comments would be appreciated. (c4c)

Day Time Moon by MClarkePhotos, on Flickr

Neil Street by MClarkePhotos, on Flickr

Byron Bay by MClarkePhotos, on Flickr

WesternGuy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
G'day mclar146 and welcome. I had a look at your Flickr page and I think you are off to a reasonable start, if you have just been doing this since Christmas 2010. As for the ones you have posted, the first 2 don't really do anything for me...don't know why, they just don't. I suspect that this is one of those things that I do myself from time to time - I try something and it just doesn't work the way I had hoped it would, or wanted it to - but that's photography - you try something and either it works or is doesn't and if it doesn't then you try something else.

The third one is a fairly decent landscape/seascape, but I would crop some of the sky out and see if I couldn't bring out some more of the hills in the background - maybe a contrast boost - don't know...I would also clone out that piece of vegetation that is sticking up in the lower middle part of the image - it detracts a bit from the view along the shore. It may be just the way it is showing up on my monitor, but the horizon in #3 looks a little bit off horizontal. This can be checked fairly easily and quickly in most editing software. If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions as I am just a bit curious - are these raw images? what software do you use in your post-processing? Thanks.

One suggestion, is that you might want to do a little reading on composition - lots of stuff on the web and there are also some very good books on the subject as well - if you are not already aware of it, check out something called the "rule of thirds"...not really a hard and fast rule, but more of a guideline. HTH.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

OP
M

mclar146

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks WesternGuy.
the photos that i posted were taken in the JPEG format, but of late i have changed to raw.

i use Adobe Photoshop CS5 for post-processing, but i am still a figuring everything out in it.

cheers Matt.

Most reactions

New Topics