New photographer, new camera

KStPeter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I just bought myself a new camera (Canon Rebel XSi) to replace my old digital point and shoot. Ive been wanting to learn more about photography and editing, and just found this forum tonight and seems like a lot of good info. Got a lot of reading/practicing to do. Anyway, here are a couple shots I took the other evening, please give suggestions. Im an absolute beginner, and still learning the camera, but its a start :D

IMG_2969copy.jpg

IMG_2976_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2953_edited-4.jpg

IMG_2953_edited-3.jpg

buy the book "understanding exposure". It is helping me everyday. The book makes it easy to understand what is going on in the camera.

Hey, glad you've picked on of the hardest subjects to shoot :D

Another good book with plenty of relevance is Light Science and Magic by Phil Hunter. It has to deal with lighting using flashes, but what's in there applies to car surfaces and can help you understand the photos you're getting.

Then go and learn about doing touch up work in some post processing program or other. I can see you in the side of the Civic.

If you're into cars, there's a huge thread somewhere here by "Mar1u5" where he posts his mostly auto photography.... his stuff is really good, and inspiring, even if you're not into auto photography.

Thanks for the suggestions on books, I will grab copies of those.

I have PS Elements 7 that I use for editing photos, although Im a beginner with that program as well. I have a few books on PS that Ive been reading over slowly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back