New Photographer Tips Please!

Hi, I would have to say that your 2nd and 3rd picture would've been better if the subject wasn't cropped off a bit. Your first picture with the shoe isnt apealling at all. Also, the backgrounds are a little too bright and take attention away from the subject. I'm also a beginner so my advice might not be 100%. haha just my 2 cents

Also try to post your pictures next time. It saves people's time and you might get a faster response

I like the last two (looking up at the light, sitting on suitcase) the best. They give off an old time or traveler look. Nice job for a first time.

Thank you for your help :) and also thanks for being honest. Sorry about not posting the pictures direct I'm relatively new here so I'm still working on learning how to do things like that.

Nice photos. You are doing a good job in my opinion. Try some outdoor shots next so we can see how it goes there for a complete review.

I have some outdoor shots with a couple of...well... Much "less attractive" models..

It takes a variety of photos to be able to be a good photographer, not just one type unless it's your specialty.

Hey all! I am a relatively new photographer and I am in need of some Tips from your pros out there :) Here are a few unedited, straight off the camera shots.

timharrisphotog Gallery - The Photo Forum Photo Gallery

Constructive criticism only please ;)

the last 2 get my vote as well....for me the 1 pic, the one shoe is a bit out of focus, I would have rather seen both in focus, the 2nd one just didnt pull my interest, But thats just me.

In my own opinion a photo is more of what the person taking it wants to see and capture but what I wrote is just my opinion and not fact.

They look a bit soft and not sure the focus point was correct for the model. What are you using to take these pictures? The one with the bubble looks like a point n shoot camera so it's important to let everyone know so they can give help. Also exposure settings would be nice if possible. Thanks for posting the photos I think you're going in the right direction with some of them...

First one looks like a snapshot. Nothing really "pops".

The key one is a nice concept. The pattern of the threads are brutally interrupted by the key laying across them. However, I think you should get the whole key in the frame.

The Balloon one is really noisy and out of focus. The framing looks pretty good (along with the concept).

The lightbulb one is pretty good. The only I would have tried to do differently is take the window out of the background. This one is my favorite out of all them.

Girl on suitcase: framing and composition are good. Try to get the eyes as the focal point. It looks like you got the door behind her...

So, to sum it up: You have the right idea. Just get the subject in the fame and get it in focus.

Thanks everyone. I am learning and also am getting a better eye. I've started noticing unnecessary noise and have learned a lot about having a specific focal point to make the image "pop." thanks for all the tips and keep em coming.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back