New photography blog

Sheriff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have started a photography blog, it is intended as a place to gain knowledge and information related to photography in some way. I've started it recently so there isn't much there yet, but I would appreciate if you would take a look and comment on my few articles there. I will be adding new articles on regular basis (as time allows). Some comments or suggestions would give me more motivation....

http://www.kamartphotography.blogspot.com/

Thanx

i dont have time to read it tonight, but scanning the pages, it looks really good

love the presentation, i'll coment on the content tomorrow when my brain isn't so dead

seems to explain some complicated things for noobs pretty well.

I like your site. I'm a noob and everything is easy to uderstand - pretty cool:)
Marek.

good informative site!

That's really nice!

I have a question about aperture though and maybe you can address it in one of your blogs! :)

I have my camera on order so maybe my question will be answered as soon as I get it and read the manual. But I'm confused. I bought a Nikon D80 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I understand the 1.8 to be a measure of aperture right? which lets in a decent amount of light. But also I can change aperture settings on my camera, right? And on my lens? huh? So, can I change aperture in two places? And if so what does the 1.8 stand for, the Maximum aperture that lens can achieve? Or is the aperture fixed on that lens and no matter what I do it will always be 1.8.

I hope you can understand my question!

Thanks!

1.8 is the max aperture for the lens. You can change the setting at the camera and it will close the aperture some to let in less light but it will never open more than the 1.8.....

That's really nice!

I have a question about aperture though and maybe you can address it in one of your blogs! :)

I have my camera on order so maybe my question will be answered as soon as I get it and read the manual. But I'm confused. I bought a Nikon D80 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I understand the 1.8 to be a measure of aperture right? which lets in a decent amount of light. But also I can change aperture settings on my camera, right? And on my lens? huh? So, can I change aperture in two places? And if so what does the 1.8 stand for, the Maximum aperture that lens can achieve? Or is the aperture fixed on that lens and no matter what I do it will always be 1.8.

I hope you can understand my question!

Thanks!
Hi ricepudding!
Thanks for good words about my blog! Yes you've got it right, aperture of f1.8 is the max aperture of your lens, and it can be changed to, say f11 or f16, what ever your needs. Usually older lenses or professional lenses have an aperture ring on the lens which allows you to set it on the lens, but nowadays you can set it in camera. I don't have a lens with aperture ring, so I don't know whether you can override one setting by other, but I think if you set it on the lens it will stay there, best thing is to read instruction manual of the lens and experiment, then you'll know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back