New Photography Tutorial Videos

LearnMyShot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
learnmyshot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to share my latest tutorial. Hopefully it can help you to solve some lighting problems.
I would highly appreciate your feedback as we just launched the site recently and are looking to improve:

Video: How to Photograph Shiny Metal Objects
here is the shot:

Please let me know what you think.
Thank you! :blushing:

It looks like all you did was meter for the specular highlights, which has rendered your white plate and shiny silverware to be less than 50% gray. How would you soot it and maintain the proper white levels. Stuff like that is a b****.

It looks like all you did was meter for the specular highlights, which has rendered your white plate and shiny silverware to be less than 50% gray. How would you soot it and maintain the proper white levels. Stuff like that is a b****.

I don't worry about the tech stuff too much....I go for what I like to see in an image....it's nice to know the rules and then break them....but if you wanted to go for proper white levels I would add another light from the side.....and maybe open up 1/3.....hey thanks for your comments. I always learn something more from you guys...

one other thought..stuff like this is a b***** because you need to work with what it is...I mean these things have their own rules on how they can be shot.....it's really a lot about the angle of reflection and understanding what to avoid..or you get in trouble!! there's another easy and good way to shoot thins like this...for 3 pieces of flatware you could use a 18X24 softbox in real close and some silver cards for fill....do you have any images to share??

Thanks for sharing... Your site is very cool. I appreciate the effort that you make to help others!!:thumbup:

hey thanks for the kind words...we are just trying to help and having a lot of fun doing it!

That was helpful. Thanks for sharing.

hey thanks for the kind words...we are just trying to help and having a lot of fun doing it!

Robert
I know how good that really feels. Good for you, and thanks for the help, I already have visited your site and viewed a number of the videos. Again, thanks for the help.

great site robert! i watched a few videos and am learning a lot through them. thanks :)

Thanks for the link to you excellent website. As a amateur I found the information to be extremely informative.

Very helpful to a novice like myself......By the way, who would sell the diffusion tissue on a roll?.....Mike

Last edited:
Just want to thank you. I find your videos extremely helpful.

Most reactions

Back