(New photos added) Andy Dexterity - Also known as Mayor Andy

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I did my first ever "celebrity" portrait. I put quotations around the word celebrity because he's more known to a younger audience for his role as Mayor Andy, the mayor of Wiggle Town in the Aussie kid's show "The Wiggles". I didn't even know this about Andy until after having taken these portraits of him; he was a recommended friend on facebook who lives in the same city as I do and I reached out to see if he'd let me photograph him because I liked his mustache.

Lit with a single Neewer C-300 flash unit with a softbox attached and a silver reflector for some fill. Shot using a Canon 5D (the original 5D), with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens attached set to f/10, 1/200th sec, ISO 50.
_MG_7363.jpg

_MG_7394.jpg

_MG_7434.jpg

_MG_7347.jpg
_MG_7407.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting imagery. I really like the second one ... he would look awesome in B&W.

I like the #1 the best with the shadow and light on his face. The #2 one the blue collar inside looks out of place. Both shots are creative as your work is always something new.

I like the #1 the best with the shadow and light on his face. The #2 one the blue collar inside looks out of place. Both shots are creative as your work is always something new.
Thank you so much. Admittedly I don't like the inside of the collar as well but was too lazy to do the work to get rid of it. I might go back and edit it tonight if I have the time.

Both are very compelling and well done. The first one is my favorite of the two.

It is indeed an awesome mustache! :clap:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back