tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there
My new 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR arrived few days ago and I managed to do some test shoot. First of all this is an awesome lens. I'm really happy about it. I went to shoot some birds and that's the sample. I did little crop and levels, sharmening, etc...
Please tell me what you think

DSC_1407copy.jpg

DSC_1411copy.jpg

DSC_1424copy.jpg

DSC_1430copy.jpg

Regards
Tom

The shots of the duck seem dead-on. Maybe could use a touch of brightening, but that's kind of a nitpick.

The gull shots or whatever might need a bit more sharpening.

I wonder what a polarizing filter would have done here... I'm still experimenting with them myself, but anytime I see water in potentially bright light I think "oo! polarizer!"

BTW, I love the duck feet in the first one. hehehe... ducks are cute. :)

EDIT: Oh also btw, the composition on the "gull" flying away with a hunk of whatever-the-heck-that-is in his mouth didn't work for me, personally. Hard to identify, looked weird, etc. General policy on animals is try to get them so you can see their eyes. Dunno why... it just works better.

Hi
Thanks for comments.
I didn't use CPL there becouse I don't have one yet. I know that it will sort out all the reflections on the water and I would be able to make duck photos bit brighter. Right now when I tried brightening all reflections in the water are way too bright.
Hopefully I'll improove my skills and take better photos next time :)

Thanks
Tom

Most reactions

Back